Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tribute To M

So my friend, M has always had this obsession with "head-nodding," so since I am writing a book, I figured I might as well put it in there. Here's the amazing quarter-page:
I attempted to head-nod in response, but I’m not quite sure if it worked because Jasper stared at me strangely right after I had done so. “What was that supposed to be?” he demanded, looking as if he was trying really hard not to laugh at the moment.
“A head-nod,” I replied defensively.
“A head-nod,” he repeated, his eyes bugging out because he was trying that hard not to laugh.
“You know, when you nod your head up once in recognition of a person,” I explained.
He nodded his head up and down at this, though it was clear that he had no idea what I was trying to say.
~~MP

No comments: