Sunday, June 15, 2008

Season Of Ice by Diane Les Becquets

Season Of Ice by Diane Les Becquets was not something that i would normally pick up to read, but let me tell you, I'm glad I did. Seventeen-year-old Genesis is used to the ice, the cold harshness of it and yet the beauty of it too. But when her father goes missing and his boat found in the middle of one of the largest lakes, she starts hating it. Nothing makes sense about this at all. Why would her father - one of the most careful people of the face of the planet - just leave his boat out there like that? But then winter comes and they still haven't found her father's body. Soon Genesis starts changing, just as everything around her is. Will Gen be able to cope with her father's mysterious death before she herself starts going crazy? Will she be able to help her stepmother provide for her two half-brothers or will they go in debt? Will Genesis be able to go to college? I'm sorry but i really don't want to give any more of the story away! The point is, no matter what kind of books you usually read, I can promise you that you will love this book just as much as I did!


~~MP


Rating: 10/10

No comments: