Friday, June 13, 2008

She's So Money by Cherry Chiva

She's So Money by Cherry Chiva was different than I expected. When I saw the title, I thought it was going to be about some stuck-up rich girl. It was quite the opposite, in fact. The main character, Maya, is a nerd. She gets straight A's and is expecting to get into Stanford. But when her parents go away for a weekend to someone's wedding, she mistakenly decides not to clean up the resturaunt when closing up that night due to the fact that she is too tired. This became a huge mistake later on when she finds out that the Health Inspector makes a round the very next day. Obviously, they do not pass and get a fine. Of 10,000 dollars. She doesn't want to tell her parents and get into trouble, so she resolves to pay it by herself. Pretty soon, she becomes involved in this cheating ring, where she herself is cheating the other people in it, along with helping them do their homework. Can she fix it in time before everyone gets caught? I really liked this book and think everyone will enjoy it as much as I did.
~~MP
Rating: 10/10

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I loved this book. I thought the author did a great job capturing a real high school atmosphere!!